Sunday, July 4, 2021

The American Empire & 224 Years of Freedom

 



I am a rabid fan of fire works and know that at one time China used bamboo stacks and tossed them into a pit of fire and the hollow air pockets inside the stalks would expand, causing a loud bang to ward off evil spirits. Lucky for me, I am not affected by the Delta variant or any other sickness made by man or beast. And knock on wood for my good fortune. "Knock on wood for that,? you say. Fuck yeah! But soon all of our luck runs our eventually. 

At one time European rulers would dazzle their subject using fireworks to light up the night sky. Only the elite and wealthy were allowed to be enchanted at these events and no peasants were allowed to attend. Chicago as a new emperor and if you studied maps that way I do, Roam is on the same latitude parallels. That Empire collapsed for the same reason our beautiful city is about to fall into ruin. The suicidal collapse and the final year of the America has arrived. Big deal, right?  Greed plagued many nations and we are in the final years of American freedom.

With that in mind, I went to Navy Pier without Lord Lightfoot consent and embarked on 75 minute fireworks adventure on the "Windy Tall Ship" of Chicago. Once on board I ordered an adult beverage know as "Shipwreck" filled with pirate rum and pineapple juice. Cursing at 5.4 knots on the lake, I spotted the first round of Fireworks and the Old Comiskey  baseball park. GO WHITE SOX!! Anyway, you can see more bombs bursting in air and for moment I thought about Francis Scott Key and what a beautiful song that he wrote. A small tear swelled up in my eye duck and I knew our freedom is danger now then ever before. 

The grand finale took place at Northerly Island. The smell of gunpowder filled the summer sky as more explosives illuminated the Chicago skyline. Upon my arrival back on land, I light up a joint and hide behind a giant anchor sipping on my Blue Moon and toking without care in the world. The fuzz was friendly that night, and I thanked each one for working such longs hours this summer. These are good men, with good families and our Mayor sucks as a human being and she's already taken our Law enforcement freedom away, and yours is next you liberal scum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment