Sunday, July 11, 2021

Middle Raged: West of Tomorrow Beyond the Cannibal Islands

 



Crestwood. Shit. The assignment was in Crestwood, Illinois and each of my show reviews have gotten worst and some of my friends have said that I have turned into a Yuppie fuck checking out those weak ass bands at The Dock near Montrose Beach. In truth, I am never where I would like to be and have become softer living in Uptown. Every minute I stay on Facebook I get weaker, and every time Karen squats with her bush to take a piss, she becomes stronger. A good example, are the Iron Maidens, an all female Iron Maiden tribute band from California. They too came to the Chicagoland area this weekend to mark their spot in musical history. I say, "Good for them!" Keep fanning your pussy on stage and pretend that you are a Mocking bird."  The window is very short for The Iron Maidens and once they hit Steve Harris's age, we'll see if  they can withstand the test of time and I wish them well on a success journey. 

My journey was about to take me into the most dangerous place in the world and with the Chicago's gun violence and according to ABC News, last year there were 3,261 shooting and 769 murdered in cold blood. And its no accident that the subtitle Beyond the Cannibal Island is my "Stand Head" for this article. Some of these people are fucking savages and I need to avoid them at all cost. Rock Island, Blue Island and Stony Island was not my ideal for a vacation near the Islands and that seemed to be the safer route back home once the show was over. 

The light rain felt good on my wet skin as the filthy sins seemed to be washed away. Once I arrived in the town of Crestwood, I was pulled over by the cops and they told me to drive on the sidewalk. I complied with their orders and made it safely to The Public House to see the Middle Raged and Nola. The first band was outstanding with songs such as "Pillars of Eternity" and "Stone the Crow" had this standing room only live audience hungry for more metal. You can tell that these guys have been practicing and Nola's tight stage presents showed that evening. Another song titled: "The Seed " was a killer tune  and let's not forget "Hail to the Leaf" or "Hail Leaf" for short.  In truth, Nola was the better band this evening and I am looking forward seeing them again and burn one with these maniacs of metal. 

From the standpoint of being an Outlaw Journalist  I was able to speak with former vocalist of Motley II John Yeager and asked why he left his cover band. I discovered that their drummer, Tommy Salzburg had passed away. I was shocked to hear the bad news and Yeager stated, "Once our drummer died so did the vibe." Wow! that was pretty harsh news to hear that night before Middle Rage went on stage. Anyway, opening up with a Slayer classic, lead vocalist Bill Swanson still has what it takes after his departure with Maiden Chicago. Other members of Middle Raged include: Dan Galeher (guitarist) Kosta Kostadinov (lead guitarist) Keith Eichten (bassist) and drummer Greg Peterlin make up the rest of this five piece foundation as 40 people were online for that live Facebook footage. My phone sucks, and I got nothing for you guys. And that's it folks, my mission was over. I suggested that you check out more local talent like these bands and not some out of town flash-in-the-pan performers getting rich off someone else and their labor. No sir, Always support your local artist!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment