Monday, June 7, 2021

The Northside Band Beach Party Review.


Northside


Summer is right around the corner folks and dancing to the Latin beat, getting sunburn in the crazy heat, and all those memories shared, as children play and eat is just part of the American Dream. For myself, it's live music and cold beers and last week had been very busy. I spent most of my time on Lake Shore Drive bike riding to the Museum Campus and back to Uptown in Chicago. 
On Saturday, the traffic along the beach exits was pure madness and everyone driving like fuckers to get "There" first, where ever that may be located is just rude. Using my bike to breeze pass the Fuzz and right inside The Too Much Fun Club I noticed the place was packed so I booked a reservation for an hour later. I locked my bike smoked a blunt and could hear the music from the live band at approximately 50 yards away north as I sat under the shade of a small tree listing to "Hey Jude" written by the Beatles. 

The Dock at Montorse Beach was jammed packed and everyone here wanted to see The Northside Band. But let's not confuse them with the English alternative rock band from Manchester that was banned by the BBC. "Let's Take A Trip" had been released in 1998 with government restrictions with no airtime due to the song's suggestive drug content, still hit the top 50 Billboard Charts 

That's the problem here as I sit in the plush green grass and this heavy police presents harasses small families violating their Fifth Amendment Right. Next, a
team of firetrucks scream loud down the beach to rescue a drowned victim. As Air Mobile flies above, I checked out The Chicago Northside Band's docket and discovered each member live in Chicago,IL. Band members include, Rebecca Bolluyt (lead vocalist/keyboards) Louie Kritikos (lead guitar) George Skoubis (rhythm guitar) Bob Spoils (bass) and drummer, Chris Stamos make up this five piece ensemble of Rock-n-Roll Thunder! 

Arriving for Northside's second set, they opened with "Highway Tune"  and the blunt I smoked earlier kicked in with the Blue Moon once "White Rabbit" was preformed. The Dock was spinning, my brain happy swimming in dangerous chemicals. "Remember what the doctor" said, belted out Bolluyt, and I did as she order and feeding my head full of booze that whole night.  The food from the galley wisp with thick juicy aromas in the night summer sky outside. Other song included: "Boot Are Made For Walking" and "Proud Marry" had the crowd wanting more. I ran into an old friend that wanted to dance naked on the stage. He was so wasted and told me he was king around these parts. I should have let him dance up there in his birthday suit but said, "Don't fuck with those people. They're at work and they may not like that Mark. "Not a good idea," I explained.  

Northside Band closed out their set with classic tune by the Beastie Boys titled: "Sabotage" and mixed it up with a montage of "Rolling on the River" and smooth bass line by Spilios. Some rotten chicks at the table next to me left a dollar upside down in cup full of water on the table as a tip. "Look how shitty that is, I said to myself. It's time go home, People Suck! 

Northside Band did not suck. In fact, they rocked the night away and fill the Dock with good vibes and positive energy that Saturday night. Rumors are brewing about them playing Blarney Island next weekend. I suggest you set sail with some Capt. Morgan and check these groovy cats out before summer is gone this year. 

  

No comments: