Friday, September 18, 2020

Horror & Moral Terror Are My Friends


                           480 Reasons Why I am Still Alive Inside The Kingdom of Fear. 




Bruce's First FaceBook Picture taken in 2010


Time has felt like a thousand centuries ago when I first started my Facebook account. Since then, I have traveled across silent lonesome deserts, beautiful ocean side landscapes and busy metropolis systems. In 2013, a suicidal mistake was made during my long career as an over-the-road commercial truck driver and I received a DUI by the Tree Police at Bunker Hill. 

That event took a toll on my mental health and a world of darkness had consumed my bright, positive energy. There is not a day that goes by where I just want to end my life and leave this awful world once in for all. However, there are 480 reasons why I stick around and endure such mental anguish and harsh judgement from a callous society. The first reason why I don't check out of this Hell Hole, is my mother Rebecca Witherington. This selfish act would destroy her and no one should have to bury their own children. It's not right, and then I think about my life-long friends Dave & Janie Bavido when they laid their daughter Dinaeh to rest on January 13, 2017. I wept like some grandmother at her wake and had glanced at her younger brother Joe Crawford with sadness and despair for his older sister. 

So, here are my 480 reasons why I am still here on Earth, and I love you equally in this cruel and wicked place we call home. Next, I think about my number one reader and life-long friend Patti Tribuzio that  has always share her valued opinion on my articles. She is filled with goodness and is a generous person to everyone that engages in her company. Patti is a terrific human being and has helped me keep myself together. Another factor is a dear friend whom I have cherished during my adolescent days named Pamela Sylvander-Lucero. I blush like some school boy when she calls me her "Hot Toddy" and I feel giddy inside. At one time, Pam and I were a teenage item together hanging out a the local swimming pool near California & Irving Park Rd. There was much for me to learn about girls at the time, and now I am learning more about women and how they think. The last time I saw Pam before Facebook, was at the Thirsty Whale when she stopped to say hello. I thought about our short-lived relationship and walked home alone in the rain down River Road and how I failed myself being a man.

I am no stranger to depression and when shit gets real and too much to deal with, I have reached out to my good friends John Dent & Bill Swanson for emotional support with private messages. They know as much, if not more then my three ex-girlfriends about my emotional stability and they have not condemned or passed judgment on the insanity that I must face each and every day. These are good men, with good families and cherish their friendship. They have saved my life many times and I am forever grateful to these outstanding individualizes. And how can I forget about Ken Kope, the salt of the Earth. 

Everyone knows Ken Kope, but what they don't know are all times he has bailed me out of trouble. From collect calls in jail, lending me money to go to court and countless times coming to my aid or comfort at the homeless shelter. He is a solid motherfucker and I am lucky to have Ken Kope as a life-long friend. For me, friendship is everything. It's more valuable then gold, silver and other worldly possessions. Today, I wish to thank all of my friends for keeping me alive during these harder times that we must face together. And now, each Friday from this day forward, I will write a small biography for my friend of the week. You Guys RULE, and again, thanks for keeping me alive today! 

  

The Evil & Ken Kope Drinking at Bunker Hill. 


    


  

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment