Monday, November 1, 2021

Self Imposed Exile Halloween Bash

 

Self Imposed Exile

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 the time had come for some spooky Halloween fun at the Iron Pig Pub located in Beloit, Wisconsin. Showcasing this Death Metal night of excitement where musical acts such Psychobilly Death Clowns, Dystology and Self Imposed Exile  had geared up was ready to smash the state of Wisconsin with demonic tunes and sounds from Hell. Talent is cheaper then table salt around these parts and with a $5.00 cover charge this was money well invested. 

Red eyes glowed on the stage as Psychobliiy Death Clowns preformed song such as "War" and "Murder Artist" packed with pure chaos for these adrenaline junkies. Members include: vocalist,  El Capiton, Work Wretched (guitarist)  W. Balls (bass) and Mr. Creepy on the drums offered a great night of excitement for the freaks and geeks in this small town establishment. Dystolgy was up next and I was going out for a smoke break.

"Shit," I said to myself. It's the fucking fuzz. Since marijuana is outlawed in this state, it was best to go back inside and listen to the rest of the show. I don't recalled too much after Dystolgy's set after I whipped out the Iron Pig's  Guinness supply. "Fuck, man," I whispered under my breath. "The last time this happen to me was at strip club in California called The Glass Slipper. This was unfortunate, and I was down graded to Coors Light for the rest of the night. 

But fuck all that!  I was here to check out Self Imposed Exile a small town Death Metal located in Streator, Illinois. Outside the parking lot of the Iron Pig Pub, I was interviewing bassist, Dave Demoss. "I am not too sure about some of our song titles," said Demoss. "Most of our songs have numbers and during practice and one of us will shout out, let play number eleven," he adds to say. For example, number 11 is titled: "Coming Apart"  carries a heavy growling vocal pattern that is in your face with raw energy. Members include: Tristag Kostman (vocalist), Nick Moreno & Mark Garcia (guitarist), Dave Demoss, (bassist) James F. Lepore (drummer) and keyboards, Cassandra Ann holds true to that Death Metal groove that only few can immerse with sounds of terror. 

Enclosing, this was a great night out and I would like to thank our friends over at Devil Frost Records for all the VIP treatment I received covering this event.  These are good people with big dreams and are in the studio now working on their first new release.  Evil Genius Entertainment™ will be keeping a close watch on Self Imposed Exile and will keep everyone posted in the near future. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment